Professional Steam Carpet Cleaning
Professional steam carpet cleaning is a great way to keep your carpets healthy, and while it may be an unwanted expense and most of us could think of more attractive ways to spend our money, it is a good investment. A carpet that is cleaned regularly will be in much better condition for much longer, thus you won’t have to spend money on replacing it quite so soon, which is much more expensive. Further, if you’re considering selling your home, having a freshly cleaned carpet will make the room seem much more well-kept.
Choosing a Professional Steam Carpet Cleaner
Choosing a professional steam carpet cleaner can be a difficult task; you have to strike a balance between value for money and competence, but how do you know who will provide a high quality service and who is merely overcharging? The following should offer your some guidance:
- If you want to be sure to that your cleaner will achieve top results, and don’t mind paying a little bit extra, look for one who is certified by the National Carpet Cleaners Association (NCCA). For a list of their certified cleaners, simply do an online search for their name and check the list available for free on their website.
- Alternatively, or indeed in addition, to the above, check the cleaner’s references. A truly professional steam carpet cleaner will be well aware that not all cleaners are as good as others, and as such will gladly provide you with references for their work; much like a good builder, carpenter or joiner.
- If you’re unsure, check how long they’ve been in business. If they have been around for a couple of years or more, they are likely doing something right. A poor cleaner, like any other poor service provider, will eventually pick up a bad name for themselves and go out of business.
- Ask if they provide anti-staining services and fans for quicker drying – a better cleaner will be able to provide both at a minor extra cost, while a less professional operator may not be able to provide these added services
Why Use a Professional Carpet Steam Cleaning Service?
There are many reasons why you should have your carpets professionally steam cleaned on a regular (ideally annual) basis. Some of these are:
- A clean carpet is a healthy carpet, and it will stay in good condition for longer;
- Deep cleaning your carpet will remove allergens that a hoover can’t get rid of, such as deep rooted:
- pet hair
- This is particularly important if you have children, as they do not only spend more time closer to the carpet, but are often more sensitive to allergens;
- It removes stains that you cannot budge with a vacuum or spot carpet cleaner alone;
As we have seen, there are many a reason why contracting a professional steam carpet cleaner is advantageous, and that it is not only of cosmetically important but also makes financial sense.