Prestige Steam Carpet Cleaning
When making a decision about carpet cleaning, there are several options available, and one of them is to use Prestige steam carpet cleaning. Whilst the reality is that general carpet cleaning is effective to remove most of the debris that is accumulated daily or in the course of a week, what is important to recognise is that carpets usually retain more dirt and grime than can be cleaned using an ordinary vacuum cleaner.
The need to use Prestige steam carpet cleaning
Steam carpet cleaning, however, is a specialist task and not one that should be done by untrained individuals. If you are not using Prestige steam carpet cleaning systems, there is a risk that there can be damage to the carpet in terms of colour as well as texture. In addition, if untrained individuals attempt steam carpet cleaning, there is a very real possibility that the carpet will remain damp and this may result in damage to the flooring as well. The odour of dampness can be very difficult to remove. It must also be understood that steam carpet cleaning requires the use of chemicals, and this must be done properly and safely.
General carpet maintenance to improve effect of Prestige steam carpet cleaning
In order to get the best out of Prestige steam carpet cleaning, in terms of general carpet care, it is important to consider the following:
- For spills and accidents, soda water is used to remove the stain. This will ensure that when Prestige steam carpet cleaning is used, it will be able to totally remove any marks that are left behind
- Carpets are vacuumed regularly. This will assist in removing general dust which, if not done, can cause the dust and dirt to lodge deeper into the carpet fibres, making Prestige steam carpet cleaning even more difficult
- Where shoes are worn in the home, it is recommended that a heavy-duty floor mat is placed at every major entrance, including the front entrance, outside bathroom doors and the backdoor as well. This will ensure that dust, dirt and damp are removed before stepping onto the carpets in the home
- Chemicals are not used in removing stains from the carpet. There is a risk that residue from such chemicals may affect the Prestige steam carpet cleaning method and products used
- Scotch guard is used and installed when the carpet is still new, or after Prestige steam carpet cleaning has been done. This will better protect the carpet from spills and accidents
Protect your carpet!
All in all, it is important to remember that replacing carpeting can be a very tedious and expensive affair. Consequently, once carpeting is installed, it is important to ensure that every effort is made to protect the carpeting so that there is as little damage and wear and tear to the carpeting as possible.
The reality however, is that this is often hard to achieve, particularly where there are children in the home. In such situations it is always advised that carpets are vacuumed regularly to reduce the impact of dirt collection. The use of Prestige steam carpet cleaning services should be considered at least twice each year to increase the longevity of the carpet.